A list of (almost) all headless web browsers in existence
I'm trying to put list of possible solutions for browser automatic tests suits and headless browser platforms capable of scraping.
BROWSER TESTING / SCRAPING:
- SlimerJS - similar to PhantomJS, uses Gecko (Firefox) instead of WebKit
- new PhantomCSS - CSS regression testing. A CasperJS module for automating visual regression testing with PhantomJS and Resemble.js.
- new WebdriverCSS - plugin for Webdriver.io for automating visual regression testing
- new PhantomFlow - Describe and visualize user flows through tests. An experimental approach to Web user interface testing.
- new trifleJS - ports the PhantomJS API to use the Internet Explorer engine.
- new CasperJS IDE (commercial)
- Node-phantom - bridges the gap between PhantomJS and node.js
- WebDriverJs - Selenium WebDriver bindings for node.js by Selenium Team
- WD.js - node module for WebDriver/Selenium 2
- yiewd - WD.js wrapper using latest Harmony generators! Get rid of the callback pyramid with yield
- ZombieJs - Insanely fast, headless full-stack testing using node.js
- NightwatchJs - Node JS based testing solution using Selenium Webdriver
- Chimera - Chimera: can do everything what phantomJS does, but in a full JS environment
- Webdriver.io - better implementation of WebDriver bindings with predefined 50+ actions
- Nightmare - Electron bridge with a high-level API.
WEB SCRAPING / MINING
- Scrapy - Python, mainly a scraper/miner - fast, well documented and, can be linked with Django Dynamic Scraper for nice mining deployments, or Scrapy Cloud for PaaS (server-less) deployment, works in terminal or an server stand-alone proces, can be used with Celery, built on top of Twisted
- Snailer - node.js module, untested yet.
- Node-Crawler - node.js module, untested yet.
RELATED LINKS & RESOURCES
- Any pure Node.js solution or Nodejs to PhanthomJS/CasperJS module that actually works and is documented?
Answer: Chimera seems to go in that direction, checkout Chimera
Answer: Checkout the list created by rjk with ruby based solutions
- Do you know any related tech or solution?
Feel free to reedit this question and add content as you wish! Thank you for your contributions!